Embracing December: The Holistic Challenge for Mind, Body, and Soul
(I'm okay if I need to blog two or three challenges at once. The challenge itself is more important than writing it all down each day like clockwork.)
Benefit Type: Physical
Each day I will engage in a gentle physical stretching session.
I will hold a stretch for 30 seconds and avoid bouncing, which can cause injury.
Engaging in a gentle stretching session each day will offer me numerous physical benefits. Here are some of the key benefits I hope to notice:
1. Increased Flexibility: Regular stretching will help increase my flexibility, which is crucial for my overall health. Improved flexibility will help me perform everyday activities with relative ease and will also help delay the reduced mobility that can come with aging.
2. Improved Range of Motion: Being able to move a joint through its full range of motion will give me more freedom of movement. Regular stretching will help increase my range of motion.
3. Muscle Health: Stretching will keep my muscles flexible, strong, and healthy. Without it, muscles can shorten and become tight, which can put me at risk for joint pain, strains, and muscle damage.
4. Improved Posture: Regular stretching will help improve my posture.
5. Increased Blood Flow to Muscles: Stretching will increase blood flow to my muscles, which can help deliver nutrients to my body and my muscles.
6. Injury Prevention: By increasing flexibility, I will reduce the risk of muscle imbalances, which can lead to poor posture and injuries.
7. Reduced Muscle Soreness: Stretching after a workout will also help reduce muscle soreness.
8. Relaxation and Mental Wellbeing: Stretching will provide me with relaxation and relief, which is beneficial not only physically, but mentally as well.
Challenge Day: 19 of 31
Action Added: Find My Calm
Benefit Type: All-Around
Each day I will access my Calm app and spend 10-15 minutes feeling calm and relaxed.
Previous Challenge Dropped: Stop drinking diet soda.
Reason Dropped: Because I am not feeling any benefits from it, even after two weeks. I don't need to drink as many per day as I used to, but diet soda with lunch or dinner is perfectly fine.
Previous Challenge Dropped: Spend 5 mins silent and without any tech.
Reason Dropped: After ten days, I can honestly say that I am not ready for anything like. With so much going on right now, spending even five minutes completely inert is torture. Nope, no thanks.
Here is the link to the full spreadsheet with more details, updated daily.