- Toured the Empire State Building
- Had great center orchestra seats for Rent
- Ran a cross country 4K on Saturday in the Bronx
- Toured Brooklyn and the Promenade in the Heights
- Had good seats for a fantastic performance of Mamma Mia
- Enjoyed Irish music and drinks at the Rosie O'Grady saloon
- Toured the World Trade Center Site
- Back to the Bronx for a second cross country 4K on Sunday
- Explored Central Park and the waterfront areas
- Had fantastic second row seats for Stomp
- Walked the entire lower area of Manhattan
- Danced on the giant piano at F.A.O. Schwarz
Despite the temperatures dropping down to 1 degree with wind chill, we had a great time in the city. We planned a bit of our trip in advance - the 4Ks and the shows - but the rest of our time was spent just walking through the streets. All and all, a great weekend vacation!
Brenda and I in Brooklyn, enjoying a beautiful sunset.
Van Courtland Park - Vanny - where the cross country events were held. In the background is the start of Cemetery Hill, which was tough to climb in the below-freezing weather.
The view of Manhattan from the Brooklyn Promenade.